The house was built under the Ottomans in 1908, serving first as a hospital and then as a textiles factory before falling into ruin. Its 21st renovation, masterminded by BATROUNIYAT, makes it a potent symbol for our times. Nestled in peaceful Batrouni greenery, it is both a reminder of a golden past and a blueprint for a better future.
Batrouniyat Association was founded in April 2009, to set a dynamic interaction between Batrouni producers, and shed a new light on touristic, artistic and cultural activities in Batroun.
- SOUQ BATROUNIYAT will create a new beating heart for the region where locals can meet and sell their wares. Vegetables, fruits, nuts, olive products, crafts will all find a new home here.
- We create tourism, training and entertainment opportunities.
- We create new job opportunities allowing locals to lead full and successful lives right where they were born.
- The Route du Vin de Batroun will allow locals and visitors to enjoy all the splendour of Batroun's wineries, tours and tastings culminating in workshops and events at BEIT EL MOUNEH.
- VENUE BATROUNIYAT - Fostering new Batrouni talent - a new space for weddings, arts, music, espace jeunesse, etc.
- HIKE BATROUN will establish hiking routes and guides throughout the region, promoting tourism and full enjoyment of the region for local residents.
- Small business workshops, promoting and enabling local enterprise with marketing and management expertise to survive in a competitive market.
- Workhops in traditional artisanat libanaise, passing on skills and safeguarding heritage.
- BATROUNIYAT Cooking School teaching the recipes and skills passed from one generation to the next.
- BATROUNIYAT wine school.
- BATROUNIYAT Cine Club.
- Moderately Priced
Best For Whom
Best For What